I make “Zavarnie” blini recipe many times and always comes out good, soft, flexible edges and have tiny pores if you like this outcome – the recipe is for you. You can serve with sour cream, maple syrup, melted butter, cream cheese, yogurt, condensed milk and fresh berries… The list is endless. Also, this recipe is good to make stuffed pancakes or pie. We can brush each crepe with melted butter when they are done. I prefer to add butter only in the batter, to give it a little taste. The recipe makes approximately 15 pancakes in 10″ pan.
2 cups flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cup of warm milk
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil ( oil without specific taste)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cup flour mix with salt and sugar.
2. Warm up milk (comfortable to hand temperature), this way ingredients incorporate much better.
3. Add 3 eggs to milk and start mixing with a whisk and gradually add to flour, it prevents flour lumps in our batter. I add each egg separately ( in case egg is bad). This way I am not going to spoil all ingredients.
4. When our batter is very smooth and even, add boiling water and mix it very well again. The batter consistency is like heavy cream.
5. Let batter rest at least 30 minutes.
6. Before frying pancakes add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon melted butter to mixture.
7. Fry on medium heat in skillet till batter is dry on top (approximately 30 seconds each side) and a crepe is ready to turn over.