This recipe is from South Russia, state Kuban. You can cut eggplant 2 ways, one is cut in a circle like I show bellow and other horizontally, so it looks like rolls with cheese and tomato inside when done. You can grill eggplant instead of fry, but I like to fry in this recipe more. My favorite decoration for this dish is garnishing with a flower from tomato.
1 large eggplant
2 tomatoes (diameter of eggplant is the best)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Full hand parsley
100 g mozzarella or jack cheese
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to your taste
Flour for coating
Vegetable oil for frying ( my favorite oil for frying is grapeseed oil)
Shred cheese on the small or medium shredder. Add to cheese smashed garlic, add mayonnaise and chopped parsley.
2. Eggplant cut into 0.5-inch circles. Salt and let stand for 15 min (Or you can soak in salty water). Dry all juice with a paper towel.
3. Coat with flour, let stand for 5 or 10 min. If you see wet spots, coat with flour more.
4. Fry it. To avoid flour to make much smoke in your kitchen, don’t make a large amount in same time.
5. Remove excess oil with a paper towel from fried eggplant. Let cool off.
6. Cover each eggplant circle with cheese spread and parsley.