The recipe is so simple and just a few ingredients. However, milk makes differents! Milk needs to boil before adding to recipe. I try to simplify my casserole and use raw milk. My casserole turns out not good enough and I don’t skip this step anymore. Try this colorful, easy and healthy recipe!
Great idea for Sunday family breakfast!
For garnish we can use mozzarella on the top to give shine or a few sprincles of cheddar cheese on the top and it makes this pretty orange decor . Love the recipe!
Broccoli Casserole Cheddar Cheese on Top
So Beautiful Dish!
Casserole Garnish Idea
So simple but useful technique. I like to add to plate with a slice of casserole tomato and garnish tomato with sour cream. You can see this technique in the video below or visit page Garnish with Sour Cream
10 oz broccoli (frozen can also be used)
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
Butter to grease skillet
I use 8″ cast iron skillet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Boil milk and let it cool off. Don’t skip this step, it is important! I tried without boiling, it makes big difference.
3. Steam broccoli and carrot approximately for 5 minutes (half way done) or boil vegetables in small amount of water (till half way done). Drain and let cool. Chop carrot finely. Shred cheese.
4. Add nutmeg and salt to eggs and stir lightly with a fork. Mix in cheese and milk. Add mixture to vegetables and stir slightly.
5. Add egg mixture to vegetables
5. Grease skillet with butter and add mixture to skillet.
*I like to preheat skillet but it is optional.
6. Bake 30-40 min or until a fork inserted to center comes out clean.
Let cool for 5-7 min. (It will be easier to remove from pan when cool.)