The recipe is so simple broccoli and cheese. However, milk makes differents! Milk needs to boil before adding to recipe. I try to simplify my casserole and use raw milk. My casserole turns out not good enough and I don’t skip this step anymore. Try this colorful, easy and healthy recipe! Great idea for Sunday family breakfast!
10 oz broccoli (frozen can also be used)
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
Butter to grease skillet.
I use 8″ cast iron skillet.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Boil milk and let it cool off. Don’t skip this step, it is important. (I tried without boiling, it makes big difference)
3. Steam broccoli and carrot approximately for 5 minutes (half way done) or boil vegetables in small amount of water (till half way done). Drain and let cool. Chop carrot fine. Shred cheese.
4. Add nutmeg and salt to eggs and stir slightly with fork. Mix in cheese and milk. Add mixture to vegetables and stir slightly.
5. Slightly warm skillet before applying butter. Add mixture to skillet.
6. Bake 30-40 min or until fork inserted to center comes out clean.
Let cool for 5-7 min. (It will be easier to remove from pan when cool.)
Optional. Line skillet with foil. (Makes it easier to remove casserole and clean skillet.)