So cute ideas for citrus garnishes such as orange and mandarin I am going to share with you. I have more pages dedicated to citrus garnishes, welcome to check them out. One of my favorite ways to use flowers from oranges is to garnish the fruit platter. It makes an attractive centerpiece on a party table or decor for a dessert buffet. However, we can serve individually oranges fancy too to impress our friends and family. It is a very easy and not time-consuming technique to turn these sweet fruits into a beautiful presentation. Some ideas to serve these citruses are very cute for kids’ parties or just to make our loved ones happy!
*Check on the bottom of the page, for a few cute kids’ mandarins and orange garnishes for a fruit platter and serving ideas. So cute decor for a kid’s party! I don’t use picks to hold designs together because it is not safe around kids and just in case someone wants to try it, all drawing is made with edible markers.
Recommended ⇒ Lime and orange peel cocktail garnish ideas
The best way to peel an orange fancy way is to separate the orange peel from the fruit with a spoon. So we can serve fruit without cuts on the wedges. Mandarin is a very similar fruit and we can serve it a fancy way as a flower too. If you serve a crowd, we can’t peel all oranges or tangerines this way. However, we can make a few flowers and decorate a fruit platter and just add unpeeled fruits to the plate. So pretty orange and mandarin decoration technique!
*Use a knife with some mark on the blade as a guide to control the deepness of the cut. I like to use handmade garnish tools from canned food lids and also to make design cuts on an orange. How to make handmade garnish tool
This way is so good solution to serve oranges and mandarins for a party. Orange is almost peeled and in same time look like flowers. It is a great decoration to any fruit platter. For large plates and a lot of fruits, we can make just a few flowers to brighten up the table.
Recommended ⇒ 5 Lime And Orange Peel Cocktail Garnish Ideas
The flower from orange is so great decoration for a large fruit platter or pretty way serve berries or fruits. We have 1 orange and serve 2 plates. I used grapes and raspberry to bright up the flower. We can use other fruits or berries to availability and our taste. I make this combination because like how colors come out together.
Cut zigzag in the middle of the orange.
2. Separate flowers. Cut peel from top to almost bottom. Place half of a grape between peel and orange. Looks already cute!
3. And the final touch, just raspberry and looks so bright and vibrant!
Recommended ⇒ How To Use Melon Baller 13 Ideas With Photos
Another Orange or mandarin flower design. So beautiful garnish for any fruit platter! The flower from orange great centerpiece for an orange platter and mandarin flowers great just spread around on a fruit platter because of small size. Bright and impressive! So easy to make and so cute as well!
Mandarin flower garnish
Make like a flower cut from the base of the mandarine.
2. Peel the tangerine. Try to make little waves, so flower has petals. Scribe to make thin the mandarin ribbon, so it will be more flexible.
3. Rool up the mandarin peel and place in the center. Our cute flower is ready to decorate fruit platter or just simply mandarin wedges on a plate.
So cute and so easy mandarine garnish looks like a snail on a fruit platter. The best all droving on food to make with edible marker. It cost $4.00 (I bought at local Hobby Lobby store) and safe to use around kids food. Every mom knows, you never know what kids want to try.
How to Make Mandarine Snail Garnish For Kids Party
I cut sides off mandarin and removed with a spoon inside of the fruit. The snail head and tail I cut with cooking scissors. Eyes and mouth drove with an edible marker.
How to Make Mandarine Peel As A Fun Man Holding The Mandarin
1. I start to cut the man’s head first out of the mandarin skin, use the smooth side where is the blossom was. Cut head with a neck. The neck is still attached to the fruit, head push with a spoon.
2. To make eyes I used a straw. The circles stack into straws but it is easy to blow it out. Insert back to openings opposite way. The mouth I make by pushing a spoon and make a smiley mouth. The tongue can be optional.
3. Cut hands and legs. The next step is optional, you can leave attached to mandarin or leave it as is.
Check easy but so impressive technique to decorate the glass with orange wedges. I used orange wedges as petals for sunflower on the margarita glass to serve blueberries but it can be a great idea to serve desserts or cocktails as well.